Quadrupole Magnetic SorterFast | Gentle | Specific
Quadrupole Magnetic cell Sorter
The Quadrupole Magnetic cell Sorter (QMS) utilizes IKOTECH’s patented technology capable of purifying cells labeled with magnetic particles. The cells are sorted based on how fast the labeled cells move in a magnetic field, a property known as “Magnetophoretic Mobility.”
This allows for fast, gentle, ultra-high speed cell sorting based on immunological biomarkers. Three fractions are obtained in the sorting process: low mobility (negatively selected cells), medium mobility (positively selected cells), and high mobility (cells targeted for depletion). Depending on your application, any of the three fractions can be recovered for further use or analysis.
How Our Technology Works
- Magnetic particles are conjugated to affinity biomarkers
- The cell sample is prepared
- The cells are labeled with the conjugated particles
- The cells are analyzed using Cell Tracking Velocimetry to obtain a mobility distribution profile
- Gates are set up for the mobility distribution profile
- The cells are sorted based on how fast they are laterally deflected by the magnetic field while travelling through a laminar flow stream
- The process results in three fractions
- Fraction 1: low or non-expressing cells
- Fraction 2: moderately expressing cells
- Fraction 3: high expressing cells
Up to 107 cells/sec/throughput
Lee R. Moore, Alexander R. Rodrigues, P. Stephen Williams, Kara McCloskey 1, Brian J. Bolwell, Masayuki Nakamura 1, Jeffrey J. Chalmers 1, Maciej Zborowski. Progenitor cell isolation with a high-capacity quadrupole magnetic flow sorter. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 255 (2001) 277-284.
Up to 96% Purity**
**Ying Jing, Lee R. Moore, P. Stephen Williams, Jeffrey J. Chalmers, Sherif S. Farang, Brian Bolwell, and Maciej Zborowski. Blood Progenitor Cell Separation From Chemical Leukaphoresis Product by Magnetic Nanoparticle Binding and Magnetophoresis. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. Volume 96 Issue 6 (2007), 1139-1154.
Up to 1010 Total Cells***